Get in touch with us via chat, email or Vialog. Our team is dedicated to customer support and impact. We are happy to respond to any questions and help you get the most out of Vialog.
We Are Here To Discuss
Yes, 100%. You can read our Terms about it in more detail.
Important highlights in relation to Community Managers’ data:
- We allow our customers to download and / or delete their data from the platform.
- We do not store sensitive user information in the Database, customers are identified with non-guessable userIDs.
Important highlights for video creators and viewers:
- Since Vialog does NOT do user tracking (fingerprinting), the analytics are based on anonymous browser loads and sessions and we cannot know or identify the unique users. You can read more about this in our Terms of Service.
- We make it easy for anyone to unsubscribe from any discussion updates any time.
- You can read more about our Data Principles here or you can confidently contact Vialog’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com email.
No. The embedded Vialog tools are using Vialog's own infrastructure for the full lifecycle of the videos. Vialog subscription costs include processing, storing and streaming of videos. Nothing is hosted on your server and your costs will stay the same.
Loadtimes of your webpages using Vialog would necessarily load slightly slower then without, similarly to any of the top third party video players.
If you can embed a custom html code, then technically Vialog should work. We have created guides for Setup on a lot of the individual platforms, but please get in touch if you need more help.
Video creators do not need to sign up for an account to participate in video discussions. Anyone who can see an open discussion will be able to watch and participate with a camera enabled device.
Only Community Managers need to create a Vialog account to moderate, manage and publish the submitted videos in seconds while ensuring content quality and coherency in line with our Terms of Service.
Setting up a new discussion takes around 1 minute. We strongly recommend spending some time adding the first video right away.
The videos you will be collecting with Vialog can be 60 seconds long (and there is an extra hidden 10 seconds to close down the last thought.)
Generally speaking, curating the submitted video content, including making some changes to the automatically generated subtitles will require you 1.5-2X times the total length of the content you are moderating.
Make sure to visit your website from your default browser.
Sometimes you may open Vialog enabled websites from mobile apps like Messenger or Skype and those platforms do not enable camera access by design.
On many Windows setups for example, only one application can use the camera at once.
Your camera may be disabled or disconnected — please try reconnecting your camera to your laptop.
If your camera is connected and your device seems to recognise it, then please make sure that no other websites or local applications are using the camera actively.
When no other apps are using your camera, refresh our page and now the recorder should work.
If that still doesn't work, try an alternative device such as a mobile phone.
If these tips doesn't work, please visit the site from another browser or device or contact us with Debugging.
Given that you decide to leave your email address after submitting a video, you will be notified of new videos added to that discussion (you can unsubscribe anytime). The email address will not be shared with the host of the discussion.
All communication with Vialog servers are going through HTTPS which makes it impossible for third parties to access this information. Read more about this in our Terms.
We have our own measurement system, which appears inside our tool. We are not doing anything outside of our tool. One session is when we are loaded on a page.
Here are our most important analytics:
- Unique Video Plays (how many videos were played in a session)
- Discussion Loads (number of times a Vialog was loaded on a page)
- Conversion rate (number of times the discussion was loaded / number of times videos were submitted)
- Discussion time to go live (time elapsed between the discussion creation and publishing of the first video)
- Average moderation time (the average time required for video moderation in a discussion)
If you are on the Unlimited plan, you can generate a secure development key on your Vialog Dashboard and access all your data via API.